Thursday, August 16, 2007

Subpar Heroes

Things are moving on the Subpar Heroes game (http://www.subparheroes.com). As the most active artists I've been promoted to lead artist. I'm going to try and get the other artists organized. If this was a paying gig I would quit my day job, this is an exciting position actually. Unfortunately, it isn't. It is an exciting opportunity though. I'm in charge of drawing the character concepts for the heroes of the game and to draw the web comic. It's a lot of work, especially since I'm doing everything, art, inking, colouring and lettering. I'm trying to find a colourist to help out, it would mke things easier on me.

I't's not completely true that there is no money. Technically at the end when its complete and being sold it might actually make money and that money will be distributed amongst the people involved. I've read some literature on the subject and it is unlikely we'll make any money. Of course the real benefit for me is the experience, especially since I'm lead artist. I just need to find out what being a lead artist really means...

No comments: